We are currently soliciting applications for The Shurl & Kay Curci Foundation Faculty Scholars Program. This program is designed for early career faculty whose research and expertise align with the IGI’s scientific strategy of advancing biomedical applications with precision genomics. The IGI will select one Shurl & Kay Curci Foundation (SKCF) Faculty Scholar each year for five consecutive years. Roberto Zoncu received the inaugural award 2017 and Dengke Ma received the second award in 2018.
Faculty in the first four years of their career at UC Berkeley, UC San Francisco, UC Davis, UC Santa Cruz, and Stanford are eligible to apply. A $179K award will provide support over two years for postdoc and/or graduate student stipends, supplies, equipment, and other related expenses.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The eligibility, qualifications, and experience of the applicant
- The novelty of the project in the field of genetic engineering, related to: genome editing, next generation tools, transcriptional regulation, epigenetics, DNA repair, delivery, screening, or imaging
- The significance of the problem being addressed and the originality of approach, as well as the scientific contribution and impact the results are likely to have in the field of genomic engineering
- Applications accepted: March 1 – April 30
- Review and selection: May 1 – June 30
- Recipient announcement: July 1
Clarice Souza, Project Manager: email@example.com
Applications are now closed.